Packaged Spring-Set Brake
Module for Holding Applications
The Spring-Set Brake Module is a NEMA C-face compatible unit designed to perform holding as well as occasional emergency stopping functions, making it particularly well-suited for motor brake applications. Because it is designed to be mounted on the front of a motor, it is an excellent choice for retrofitting an existing motor, or for use on custom designed machinery.
• NEMA C-face compatible mounting
• Performs holding functions with
• Completely assembled and
prebur nished at the factory
• Easy to install
• No adjustment required
• High torque, lead-free and
asbestos-free friction material
Principle of Operation
SSBM Brake torque is developed when springs apply a clamping force between the brake armature and the friciton disc to the end plate. Spring clamping force provides the holding torque of the brake
Spring-Set Brake Modules Electrcally Released Brakes
Product Data – Reference (Pages 117-120) in catalog P-1234
|Spring-Set Brake Modules|
|Model No.||Voltage D.C.||Max RPM||GEN 2 Part No.||Part No.|
Gen2 units are direct replacements for original models
- Changes to the housing fin design increases heat dissipation capacities, especially in the enclosed configuration of the UniModule.
- Improved input to output axis design reduces vibration and improves noise and wear factors.
- Use of custom designed mounting bolts allows for conduit box location directly on top of the unit.
- Bolt hole patterns are re-positioned for ease of mounting.
- Add-on enclosure cover kits allow for a unit to be upgraded to an enclosed unit in the field without replacing the clutch/brake. A cover plate bolts to both sides of the unit creating a completely enclosed brake package, which keeps contaminates out and wear particles in, for clean, quiet operation.
Click on the links below to see Drawings and Specs: